I am a third year PhD student in the
Signal, Statistics and Learning
(S2A) team in the
Image, Data and Signal
(IDS) Department of the
Laboratory Treatment and Communication of Information
Palaiseau. My PhD research is conducted under the supervision of
Chloé Clavel (Télécom Paris),
Giovanna Varni (Télécom Paris), and
(i3 Lab, Télécom Paris).
My work focuses on the analysis of trust in Human-Robot Interaction (HRI). In particular, I created an annotation scheme named TURIN to study trust throughout the entire interaction,
and built several multimodal computational models of trust by leveraging Interactionist Sociology theories. I aim to provide a better explanation of how trust builds and develops during an interaction with said models.
I also explored the differences between currently existing Psychological models of trust in HRI that adopt a mentalist approach and Interactionist Sociology theories for trust Analysis
as can be done in Conversation Analysis. Through these differences, I investigated how these two approaches can complement each other.
Before my PhD, I worked at Blue Frog Robotics as a robotics software engineer where I worked on developing both the AI of the Buddy robot (R&D on natural interactions, robot "personnality") and its software (architecture, remote-control application). During an academic exchange program at Tohoku University, I conducted research on obstacle detection using a time-of-flight camera for a moon exploration rover at the Space Robotics Lab.
I also hold an Engineering Degree from EMSE (France).
- Reviewer for the 2022 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2022)
- Reviewer for the 17th Conference of the European Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (EACL 2023)
- Reviewer for the ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction (HRI 2023)
- HCI922: Gestural and Mobile Interaction (2021-22)
- MDI220: Statistics (2021-22)
- IA315-IA715: Multimodal Dialogue (2020-23), Dynamic Time Warping (2021-2023)
- "Fil rouge": supervision of a group of 4 students working on automatic multimodal detection of stress (2020-21)
- PACT: technical supervision and counseling of numerous groups for a 6-months-long project (2022-2023)
Presentations and Talks
I am always excited to discuss about new projects and ideas, and am open for collaboration !
Feel free to contact me !